2nd India Affiliate Summit
The second edition of the annual gathering of affiliates marketing leaders in India – 2nd India Affiliate Summit (IAS16) – hosted by – IAMAI – Internet and Mobile Association of India in association with vcommision was held on 1st and 2nd day of September of 2016 at the Leela hotel, Ambience Mall, Gurgaon.
The event gives a unique platform to marketers to discuss the innovations and dissect the implications of Affiliate Marketing. This has been an enriching initiative by IAMAI to bring Affiliate aka Performance Marketing industry together, providing educational sessions on the latest industry issues along with networking opportunities for affiliate marketers.
The India Affiliate Summit 2016 is designed to revolutionize the Affiliate marketplace in India. Spread across 2 days of networking & innovation, the Summit is segregated to provide you the opportunities to hobnob with fellow Affiliates & Brands alike, with the Affiliate Street being the main attraction. The Affiliate Street gave marketers a chance to immerse, converse and disperse insights on performance-based marketing.
IAMAI itself highlights on its India Affiliate summit website as to why one should attend the summit. Apart from lead talks, keynotes and group discussions, a lot of emphasis was laid on networking as well which was significant from the fact that the during the course of two days there were designated slots for networking.
The top affiliate marketing leaders addressed a variety of topics including;
- Demystifying new age Affiliate Marketing
- Cracking the Affiliate Marketing Code
- Synergizing Brand building and Affiliate Marketing
- Importance of data quality and Campaign Optimization
- Means or the End: Last Click vs Multi Click attribution
- Reality Check: Pitfalls of Affiliate Marketing
- Mobile Affiliate Marketing: World of Apps, Pops, re-directs & advertising
- Ordering its way to growth: Affiliate for ecommerce/food tech
- Anatomy of perfect Affiliate Marketing
- Navigating the Affiliate Marketing Ecosystem: Lessons learned and helpful hints
- Into the crystal ball: New age drivers for Affiliate Marketing
In between the plenary session a lot of Lead talks were also there. One that stands out, me being from a blogging community, was of Harsh Agarwal, founder shoutmeloud.com. He spoke on how shoutmeloud increased its revenue by 200% within one year. Some of the other big names which were present at the summit were:
- Parul Bhargava – CEO of vCommission
- Aasheesh Marina – Search Quality at Google
- Aashish Bhatnagar – Head of Mobile & Affiliate Marketing Shopclues
- Abhilash Premanand – Mobile Marketing & Digital Marketing Specialist at BankBazaar.com
- Amit Sharma – Head of Digital Marketing & E-commerce at Max Life Insurance
- Ankur Singla – Founder and CEO of Helpchat and OneDirect
- Anshul Srivastava – Head of Digital Marketing at BigBreaks.com
- Anurag Gupta – Founder and MD at DGM India
- Ashwiny Thapliyal – Regional Head of Sales India & Southeast Asia at TUNE
- Swati Bhargava – Co-Founder at Cashkaro
To summarize the couple of days of India Affiliate summit; It focused on how Affiliate Marketing can help businesses and brands, how you can grow your business, networking with more than 1500 attendees and more than 70 delegates, what are the keys trends and what all things will hold the key to future as far as Performance Marketing is concerned.
I would like to take this as an opportunity to thank IAMAI and Blogadda for making it possible for me to attend the event on both the days.
Manas ‘Sameer’ Mukul